5 Reasons Why More Young People Should Consider Trade School
We have mentioned several times here on the Madison Monroe and Associates blog that earning a college degree can greatly increase your expected lifetime income while opening many opportunities. However, it is also worth acknowledging that four year degrees are not for everyone. Many people simply don't have the time, money, or interest required. If this describes you, don't worry ‐‐ there are still many ways of growing your income and improving your financial situation.
One of the most effective and universally accessible ways of doing this is by attending trade school. Skilled work such as carpentry, plumbing, welding, dental hygiene, pharmacy work, etc. offers relatively high paying opportunities in locations all across the country. Read on to learn a bit more about why trade work might be a good choice for you.
- 1. Trade school averages just 2 years, as compared to 4 years for a traditional bachelor's degree. This can be much more manageable, especially for people who must balance their education with other responsibilities such as work and family.
- 2. The average cost of attaining a traditional four year degree in the United States is estimated to be roughly four times more than the cost of attaining trade certification. Four years in a US university sets the average student back about $127,000 ‐‐ compared to an average cost of just $33,000 for trade school.
- 3. Dropout rates and late graduations are on the rise at four year universities. Such statistics are a testament to the fact that traditional universities simply aren't for everyone ‐‐ and forcing yourself down an educational path that isn't right for you isn't going to do anyone any good.
- 4. Trade school offers a hands‐on learning experience. For people who enjoy real‐world learning (and, in many cases, earning a real‐world apprentice salary) this is a big deal.
- 5. Trade salaries are nothing to scoff at. Many trades provide a chance to earn upwards of 40k per year ‐‐ and, because trade jobs are always in demand and difficult to outsource, they offer tremendous stability, as well.
Visit Madison Monroe and Associates online today for more information about earning financial freedom!